Background and content:
In cooperation with the RICH network, GENDERACTION and OpenAIRE the NCP Academy organises a training session on specific cross-cutting issues in Horizon 2020.
The focus is on Open Data and Gender issues. Both topics are relevant for the work of each NCP. The training will in particular focus on practical examples from the Research Infrastructure Programme. Part of the time will be dedicated to discuss how NCPs can network better on the issue of cross-cutting issues.
a) Aims of session on Open Data (by the National Open Access desk/OpenAire)
1. NCPs know when it is indicated to support a project using Open Data
2. NCPs know how an Open Data management (DMP) plan should look like and what recommendations towards clients should be given.
b) Aim of session on gender (by the project GENDERACTION)
1. NCPs know how to support a project in improving gender equality and which recommendations could be provided to clients
c) Aim of the session “How to network on cross-cutting issues among different NCPs”
1. NCPs get an overview on what is defined as cross-cutting issues in Horizon 2020
2. Good practices on how to deal with cross-cutting issues in an NCP network will be shared. How can we make sure that the client gets good advice on cross-cutting aspects? Sources of information on cross-cutting issues in Horizon 2020 will be well-known.
Outcome for participants:
o NCPs know the aims of the European Union / in Horizon 2020 for gender dimension and Open Data.
o NCPs know the background to the topics Gender, Open data which is relevant for consulting customers and identify other cross-cutting issues which are relevant in their practical work.
o NPCs reflect on next steps how to make use of the results of the training, to support the aims of the EU / of Horizon 2020 regarding the cross cutting topics and to consult proposers accordingly.
Who should attend:
NCPs for Research Infrastructures in Horizon 2020.
All NCPs interested in the topic GENDER and Open Data.
No participation fee. Travel and Accommodation costs will NOT be reimbursed by the NCP Academy.
Partners of the RICH network can their costs charge to the project.
Trainers & Speakers
Maxime Forest | Yellow Window
Pedro Príncipe | OpenAIRE
Alea López de San Román | European Commission
tbd | EOCS, Eupoean Commission
Marisa Borges | NCP SWAFS Portugal